The Executive Council or an office bearer of the Society authorized by the Executive Council for this purpose, may on application in the prescribed form admit recognized Institutions of the following categories as Institutional Members:
- Universities, University Departments, Colleges, Institutes and Polytechnics offering courses in Technical Education in India or abroad at levels of Diploma/Degree.
- Engineering and Technological research institutes in India or abroad.
- Industrial and Professional Organisations in India or abroad having specific and active interest in Technical Education in India.
- Departments of Central and State Governments, Statutory Bodies and Autonomous Bodies that have an interest in Technical Education.
- The Executive Council shall have power to refuse admission to any applicant without assigning any reason.