There has been a manifold increase in the number of Technical Institutes and the teachers working therein. The number of STTPs being funded by the MHRD/AICTE are not adequate to meet the academic requirements prescribed for Career Advancement Scheme of Technical Teachers and Self Development. Moreover, these STTPs are very essential in order to keep the teachers abreast with the latest developments in their respective fields.
There is a limited budgetary provision for the STTPs under the overall QIP Scheme of the MHRD/ AICTE. Therefore, in order to enable the teachers to enhance their technical competencies and help them to become eligible for Career Advancement opportunities, STTPs on self-financing basis are introduced. The special features of the Self-Financing STTPs are as under:
- These are programmes being conducted locally.
- The participating teacher is not required to take leave.
- The academic schedule of the institution is not affected.
- Boarding & lodging facilities are not required.
- TA/DA expenses are zero.
- The expenses to be incurred on Guest Experts, Instructional Material, etc. could be met by the concerned institute itself.
- The nominal course fee of Rs.150/- per participant to be necessarily paid to the ISTE Headquarters after completion of the programme.
The Member Institutes/Faculty interested in the conduct of Self-Financing STTPs, may please send their proposals alongwith a DD for Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of ISTE, New Delhi (revision in fee has approved by the Executive Council of ISTE in its 106th EC Meeting) in prescribed STTP proforma on the following address:
The Executive Secretary
Indian Society for Technical Education
Saheed Jeet Singh Marg,
Near Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi – 11 0 016
Phone : 011-26513542, 26963431
Fax : 011-26852421
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.isteonline.in